finAPI supports SEPA Money Transfer for single transactions (Einzelüberweisung) or collective transactions (Sammelüberweisung).
A money transfer always follows a two-step procedure:
- Step 1: Send request of a money tranfer to the bank (Request Sepa Money Transfer)
- Step 2: Excecute money transfer (Execute Sepa Money Transfer)
Depending on the bank there are some different TAN methods which can be classified into the following groups:
Text based TANs
(see procedureChallengeType = "TEXT" in service "Get bank connections")
- these include TAN lists on paper, mobile/SMS TANs, eTANs with a separate TAN generator.
- in finAPI the user has to enter the requested TAN as a string (usually a 6-digits-number).
- the challenge will be a text that contains instructions for the user on how to retrieve the TAN.
smartTAN / chipTAN
(see procedureChallengeType = "FLICKER_CODE" in service "Get bank connections")
- an animated image (flicker code) is shown which can be read with the TAN generator supplied by the customers bank and the customer´s EC card.
- if the customer has approved all data an uniquely valid TAN is generated which has to be entered in finAPI.
photoTAN / QR-TAN
(see procedureChallengeType = "PHOTO" in service "Get bank connections")
- a QR-code-like image is shown which can be read with a banking app or the TAN generator supplied by the customers bank
- for instance with the use of HTML, like this:
- the challenge will contain a BASE-64 string depicting a photo (or any kind of QR-code-like data) that must be shown to the user.