There could be several reasons why an automatic batch update can fail and why the bank connection and its accounts are not automatically updated.
Here are the most common reasons and how they can be avoided or solved:
- The user has not stored his banking PIN for his bank connection.
-> The user has to edit his bank connection and store his PIN.
- The previous update using the stored credentials failed due to wrong credentials.
-> The user has to edit his bank connection and store the correct PIN or newly import his bank connection with correct credentials. FinAPI won´t start the batch update until the user renewed his credentials and manually updated his bank connection once.
- The bank connection was originally imported with a bank that is not supported anymore (mostly because the bank is deprecated).
-> The user has to newly import his bank connection with a supported bank.
- The connection to the bank server is interrupted.
-> Wait for the next batch update interval.
- There is the possibility that the bank is excluded from the batch update service for your client or one of the bank's supported data sources can not be used by finAPI for your client.
-> Please contact us for details about the batch update configuration.
- In cases of XS2A, if the recurring consent has expired, the following batch update will fail and set "userActionRequired" flag to TRUE. Customer can create notification to end users based on the flag. Only when the end user creates another recurring consent via updateBankConnection (for unlicensed customers this goes through the web form) the flag will be set to "false" and batch updates can resume